Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

MAC In The Groove Haul and Thoughts

So, this post is pretty late considering that this collection launched early July!! Now, I didn't get a lot from this collection. I skipped on the lipsticks and the cremesheen glasses... none of them really caught my eye or I had something similar already. I thought that I would for sure get jazzed lipstick, but it just looked very similar to Ever Hip lipstick from the Liberty of London Collection that I didn't see the point in getting it.
As for the mineralized eyeshadow trios I would have to say that MAC has really improved upon these trios, I was really quite impressed!! These were much softer and smoother and had a more satin/pearly finish to them. I almost always skip out on these, cause the pigmentation wasn't great, some of them were chauky, or too glittery (especially the ones from the Red She Said Collection!!!). I only picked up Love to Love, the shades in this trio look similar to MAC's vanilla, amber lights, not sure what the brown shade would look similar to though. All of which I don't have in my collection yet =D

Love to Love Mineralized Eyeshadow Trio Swatched

I got two of the blush duos, which are Happy Together and Hang Loose. These two, in my opinion, are the most wearable of the 5 they released in this collection.

L: Happy Together; R: Hang Loose


Top: Happy Together swirled, Middle: peachy caramel side, Bottom: shimmery beige side


Left: Pink side; Middle: shimmering lilac; Right: Hang Loose swirled

The BEST and my MOST favorite purchase from this collection is the infamous Stereo Rose Mineralize Skinfinish. This sold out within hours it came out! I'm really glad I was able to get it =D It is everthing I imagined it to be, it's just simply GORGEOUS!!! I knew that I would love it, and it certainly did not disappoint. It is such a gorgeous peachy, golden bronze shade. Which I find works well with my skintone (I'm an NC 35 in MAC)

0 comments:

Post a Comment